Franz Fallenter is one of the best-known glass-painters of the Renaissance in Switzerland and lived and worked for part of his life in Lucerne. Of particular note in his prodigious output are the panels he executed for the cloister of the Cistercian nuns’ convent at Rathausen near Lucerne, which were removed after the house was secularized in 1848. A significant number of these panels are now in the Schweizerisches Nationalmuseum and on display there.
Hans Lehmann, Geschichte der Luzerner Glasmalerei von den Anfängen bis zu Beginn des 18. Jahrhunderts, Lucerne, 1941, pp. 143–60.
Franz Fallenter in the Neue Deutsche Biographie